Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where does the time go??


Ashtyn turned 18 months today and I wonder where did all the time go? I feel like I need to document her accomplishments at 18 months. I really wish I would have started a diary or blog when Chase was born so I could look back now and remember what Chase and Ryder were doing at this brief moment in time.
She certainly is the Princess of our family and pretty much everyone is crazy for her. Just one look at her toothy little grin and you can't help but to laugh. He tries desperately to keep up with her big brothers and does not want to be left out of anything. She has practiced her running just so she can keep up and she is getting pretty fast. Chase and Ryder are wonderful brothers, she is very lucky. They play with her and can be very helpful. Chase being the older one is very kind and nurturing with her and she rarely has to complain. Ryder on the other hand can be very kind, like sharing a lick of his popscicle with her, but can annoy her just as often. She has resorted to pinching or biting to get him to back off. (I always wondered where babies learned to bite, now I know). She is starting to use some words, mama and dada of course, ball, backpack, hi, bye. She tries to say Chase and Ryder, but it isn't really distinguishable. She climbs up the stairs and can climb down, though most times she wants someone to carry her down. After two crazy busy boys it is nice that she is pretty well behaved for her age. I don't really worry about her getting into things and she is very, very understanding of what we tell her. She loves her baby dolls and already plays house with them. She'll feed them and put them to bed, push them in the stroller and carry them around the house. She has to sleep with her special red blanket and usually needs her pacifier too and is a very good sleeper, usually a solid 12 hours and night and one 3 hour nap in the afternoons. With the summer here we've noticed that she loves the water and doesn't really seem to be afraid of playing in the sprinklers or going in the water and the beach. From birth she has been a mommy's girl but in the past several months she is slowly beginning to wrap her daddy around her little finger. This is such a fun age and I've been enjoying every moment. I am so proud of all my children. School starts in just about a month and I can't believe that Chase is going to be in the 2nd grade and Ryder in Kindergarden. With both of them at school all day it will just be me and Ashtyn at home during the day, strange. It seems like just yesterday they were 18 months old.

No comments: