Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zoo Day


The summer days seem to be getting longer and longer. Not only for Chase and Ryder but definitely for me as well. A trip to the zoo seemed to be the solution today, lots of space for the kids to run. We all had a great time and the weather cooperated nicely.


Where are those animals? Keep looking...


About half way through our time at the Zoo, Papa joined us on his way home from work. He met us at the Carousel.




Here we are a the new penguin exhibit. It certainly is better than the old one, the kids loved it. While the boys were getting wet at the new fountain they have there, Papa snapped a picture of Ashtyn.

I would have to say that by far the boys had the most fun feeding the birds. We must have spent 45 minutes in here so they could feed the birds with these seed sticks. They thought it was so fun when the bird would sit on the stick and eat.

Check out this concentration. Finally we left when a bird attacked me, I was done. OK so maybe he didn't attack me. He flew from a seed stick that my dad was holding and I think he tried to land on me but it scared me and I kind of freaked out a little.


We went back to Papa's house after the Zoo for some dinner and of course everyone wanted to get in the hot tub. Papa took this picture of Ashtyn, aside from the drool, isn't it darling??!!

No comments: