Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What? A second grader already??

What a cool kid! New clothes, new back pack, he is ready! When he came home his only complaint was that they only had 6 minutes for lunch. Therefore he didn't get to eat his all his lunch, which he made himself last night. He was happy that he had a lot of friends from last year in his class and they worked on a project that he liked.

So my eldest child started the second grade today and I have one question, where did all the time go? I received a picture of Adam today on his first day of Preschool and it brought back so many memories. It seem like just yesterday Chase was heading off to Preschool and I was so excited and nervous for him. I guess my feelings haven't changed much, for this morning I felt very much the same, excited and nervous. He has truly accomplished a lot in his short 7-1/2 years. He's gone from the basics of learning to be a good friend in Preschool to the wonderful student and son that he is now. He has a love for reading and can read pretty much anything. He loves baseball and is starting flag football soon. He is the household Wii master. He is a good brother and is very helpful with his little sister. OK so he and Ryder fight a lot, but I don't see that changing anytime soon. Like every 7-1/2 year old he has his good times and bad, but mostly good times. It can be hard being the oldest.
Today I drove him to school and walked him to his classroom, like I have every day since that first day of Preschool. He walked in with flowers in hand for his teacher and I had to remind him to say good-bye to me and give me a kiss before I left, (at least he isn't embarrassed to kiss me yet). Tomorrow he will start taking the bus, he's been asking and I can't keep saying no. So tomorrow will be another first and again I will be excited and nervous for him, (mostly nervous). Brian asked me if I will be able to sleep tonight. I had to give it a second thought but I will be just fine, he has all the tools he needs.
We are so proud of him, he has accomplished everything that I dreamed he could, and more that I never thought about. I feel excited for his future, but for right now I'd like him to just be the 7-1/2 year old he is. When I can still sort-of remember when he was 19 months old, (like Ashtyn is now) and would play with his ears when he was tired.

No comments: